PAKISTAN CHEMICAL MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION
“A VALUED & TRUSTED APEX BODY AIMING TO ACHIEVE A RESPONSIBLE, INNOVATIVE & SUSTAINABLE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY IN PAKISTAN”
Founded, licensed & incorporated in 2015, PCMA working closely with highly motivated
74 members, growing gradually, belonging to Small, Medium, Large & Champions in Chemical industry of Pakistan. Despite at nascent stage, with an annual turnover of over PKR 400 billion only this industry has been instrumental in providing jobs to over 100,000, contributing PKR 10+ billion in the head of income tax annually. Chemical industry of Pakistan is now on the up-ward trajectory and working with its members to achieve the target of $25 Billion industry by next 5-8 years. Ambitious projects like Pakistan Naphtha Cracker Complex are on the cards of PCMA.
The key deliverables from the platform of PCMA are:
- To anticipate, suggest, and respond to government regulatory policy for facilitation in reducing cost of doing business and creating enabling environment for the members and prospective members;
- To facilitate in adapting ways, means and best practices to attract new investments & promote chemical exports through B2B meetings, exchange of trade delegations & exposure visits, holding & attending chemical exhibitions, conferences etc;
- To create synergy with academia & encourage work studies, research, investigations & experiments with the aim of improving the manufacture of chemical products by bringing in innovations, cost reduction & enhanced productivity, competitiveness and sustainable growth;
- With a view to promote & maintain good business relations among PCMA members & stakeholders in public sector, share information, hold regular meetings of Executive Committee, General Body, conduct awareness seminars, workshops, lectures, trainings, discussions, conferences and other capacity building interventions & facilitate availability of trained manpower;
- To promote Responsible Care initiative (safety, health, environment & supply chain) under the structured approach to self-regulations by practicing good business practices and ethics and become full-fledged member of ICCA.